Sunday, September 02, 2007

The joys of my dinky little point&shoot. Riverfire did not disappoint re: drunk frolicking teenagers. The fireworks were good tthough. Jet planes too.

Wolfgang was also fine fun. Mood was dampened by my friend electing to stay home at the last minute, thus plunging me into aloneness. But all was good, with the help of conversation with randoms. teenagersintokyo were highly gratifying, but Cut Off Your Hands were stellar. Great turn out, and unlike many other gigs, there wasn't a stream of patrons flooding towards the door as the final notes of their somewhat blistering set dispersed. Everyone was up for a good time, and I believe the general consensus is that a good time was indeed had. Can't wait for the next one. Hopefully in the company of another person.


Today in South Bank, there was a young designers markets, held just to the side of the 'normal' markets. I only got to look around as they were setting up, but it looks highly worthwhile. Tshirts, jewelry etc. Most notably a place called Blonde Vintage which is, as the myspace claims, 'the re-creation of fabulous second hand materials'. Fun, nice, and fairly cheap as well. Didn't have the time to try stuff on (much to my dismay), but it seems great. Speaking of which I will hopefully be making it down to Boxvintage in West End soon for a little shopping spree. Yay.

No comments: