Thursday, November 15, 2007

A goodly portion...

Holidays have begun, and I'm doing my usual start of holidays thing. Placing a heap of holds at the library, and making a list of things to do in the holidays. So far I have:

1. Make a business card
So I'm all professional and stuff
2. Read Dante's Divine Comedy
This is something I've been attempting to do since highschool
3. Make longterm travel plans
Where my Lonely Planet 'Europe on a shoestring' will be useful
4. Learn some more French
By 'some more', I mean extending beyond 'Hello, how are you?'
5. Make overview plan of next years production
Being production manager, I'm kind of in charge
6. Get haircut

My aim when I began the list was to have 100 things. I failed, but hopefully I will have more than 6 things very soon.

So my room is littered with a collection of fairly random books, magazines and half filled art journals. I always aim to read a lot in holidays.
Currently trying my hand at The Canterbury Tales by Chaucer. Had the conversation about the pronunciation of 'Chaucer' yesterday. I had chosen to pronounce it 'Show' (as in shower) 'sir'. Show-sir, as it sounds very nice and soft and happy, much like his writing. But according to my source, it is actually 'chore-sir'. Or something along those lines. It was inevitable. Feeling kind of fraud-like. Reading it without being able to pronounce his name. I'm also beginning to think in rhyming couplets. I'm not cut out for this literary wank.

No comments: